Oct 27, 2018
LOCATION: Brandeis University (Waltham, Mass.)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team defeated Brandeis University, 134-69, as they won 9 of the day's 11 events. Wheaton, ranked 23rd nationally, improves to 1-1 on the season with the win.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Lydia Dacorte and Delia McLaughlin took home first with a time of 1:53.32.
- Caroline Genther was victorious in the 1000 yard free, as she completed the event in 11:28.74. Kayleigh Foley and Emma Flesher finished the race behind Genther in the second and third spots.
- Dacorte recorded wins in the 200 and 100 yard freestyles, while Maggie Lawler picked up wins in the 50 yard freestyles. Delia McLaughlin and Karen Iizuka claimed the top spots in the 200 yard IM as well as the 100 yard butterfly, respectively.
- Pet earned a win in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 1:01.64 as Katherine Vitello came in closely behind that in second place at 1:03.50.
- Bernardy rounded out the wins with a victory in the 100 yard breastroke and a final time of 1:11.15.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Friday, November 2 at 6pm at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.