Posted: Nov 07, 2018
LOCATION: Bridgewater, Mass. (BSU Campus)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming & diving program returned to action Wednesday evening with a non-confernece meet against the Bears of Bridgewater State. The Lyons, who hit the road for the fifth consecutive meet, collected a 133-72 victory.
- Wheaton started the meet strong with a win from the 200 medley relay with Kathryn Cole, Elizabeth Bernardy, Maggie Lawler, and Lydia DaCorte touching in 1:54.88. The Wheaton 'B' team was close behind, finishing second in a time of 1:55.02.
- First-year Emma Flesher picked up a second place finish in the 1000 freestyle (11:53.09), while Holly Cohan finished third.
- Caitlin Daley dominated the 200 free, finishing in 2:07.28, which was nearly five seconds faster than the next competitor.
- Cole added an individual win, taking the top spot in the 50 free with a time of 26.15. Lawler took fourth.
- The Lyons took the top two spots in the 200 IM with Chloe Deubner finishing in the top spot with a time of 2:23.80. Nika Dadoly finishing in second place with a time of 2:27.93.
- Wheaton swept the 100 butterfly with DaCorte leading the way with a time of 59.53. Eva Pet and Sophia Hatzikos were the next Lyons to touch in 1:03.07 and 1:07.02 respectively.
- Holding a strong lead, the Lyons kept adding points, this time with Julia Centola adding more with a second place finish in the 100 free (59.06).
- Wheaton collected another sweep, this time in the 100 backstroke with Kate Dransfield, Jessica Love, and Dadoly finishing in order. Dransfield paced the field with a time of 1:03.30.
- The 19th event, the 500 free, saw Delia MacLaughlin finish first with a time of 5:23.95 and Daley take third (5:51.71).
- In the final individual event, the Lyons earned yet another sweep this time paced by Bernardy. Bernardy won the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:14.17, while Caroline Genther finished second in 1:15.89 and Rowan Rice in third with a time of 1:16.08.
- Wheaton ended the meet with a second place finish in the 400 free relay (Pet, Katherine Vitello, Lawler, Shannon Connolly) with a time of 58.78.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Friday, Nov. 16 at 4:30 p.m. for the teams home opener against Roger Wiliams in the Balfour Natatorium.