Posted: Nov 16, 2018
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming & diving program defeated Roger Williams 167-108 Friday evening in the Balfour Natatorium in the teams first home meet of the season. The win is the fourth of the year for the Lyons.
- The team of Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Lydia DaCorte, and Kathryn Cole got things started for the Lyons, earning the teams first win of the night, finishing the 200 medley relay in first with a time of 1:51.14. Wheaton picked up four more points from the 'B' team who finished in 1:52.77 which was good enough for second place.
- DaCorte kept the winning going, taking first place in the 1000 freestyle with a time of 10:36.80. Sophomore Caroline Genther joined DaCorte in the race, finishing third with a time of 11:34.91.
- The Lyons then swept the 200 free with Delia MacLaughlin, Kayleigh Foley, and Maggie Lawler finishing in the top three spots. MacLaughlin led the way with a time of 1:58.85, followed by a time of 2:02.69 from Foley and 2:04.22 from Lawler.
- Pet, Cole, and Kate Dransfield followed with a sweep of their own, taking down the competition in the 50 backstroke. Pet won the race with a time of 27.93. She was followed by Cole (28.99) and Dransfield (29.10).
- Elizabeth Bernardy collected four more points for the Lyons, finishing the 50 breaststroke in second place with a time of 32.17.
- DaCorte collected another first-place finish, this time in the 100 butterfly where the sophomore finished in 58.14. Classmate Karen Iizuka finished in second place for the Lyons with a time of 1:01.11.
- Lawler and Cole finished second and third respectively in the 50 free with times of 25.37 and 25.78.
- Anisa Williams-Ranciato competed in her first 1-meter dive Friday night, earning a score of 119.55.
- MacLaughlin earned Wheaton points in the 100 free, finishing in second place with a time of 54.75.
- Pet took first place in the 100 backstroke, touching in 1:00.91, while Cole finished third (1:02.29).
- Bernardy nearly earned a first-place finish in the 100 breast, finishing just one-tenth of a second behind the top swimmer.
- MacLaughlin and Foley finished back-to-back in the 500 free with MacLaughlin winning the event with a time of 5:24.92. Foley touched in 5:31.25.
- Iizuka won the 50 butterfly with a time of 28.06, while Chloe Deubner finished second with a time of 28.73.
- The Lyons ended the night with a 200 free relay win with MacLaughlin, Lawler, Caitlin Daley, and Pet finishing in 1:41.96.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1 p.m. for a meet against Keene State and Springfield, which will be held on the Springfield campus.