Nov 17, 2018
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass.
- The Wheaton College women's swimming & diving program earned its fourth straight win Saturday afternoon, earning wins over Keene State (216-68) and Springfield (165-126). The win is also the Lyons second New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) win of the season.
- Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Karen Iizuka, and Lydia DaCorte set the tone with a win in the 400 medley relay with a time of 4:03.09, which was four seconds faster than the next team. Wheaton's 'B' team earned points as well after finishing in third place.
- Kayleigh Foley and Emma Flesher finished in second and third place for the Lyons in the 1000 freestyle with Foley finished in 11:34.15, while Flesher touched in 11:38.59. Sophomore Caroline Genther didn't finish far behind, taking fourth place.
- DaCorte won the 200 free with a time of 1:55.60, while Caitlin Daley added points to the Lyons totals after finishing third (2:03.12).
- Pet won the 100 backstroke with a time of 1:01.00, while Kathryn Cole finished in third place with a time of 1:02.65. Bernardy helped Wheaton tack on a few points after finishing in second place in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:10.13.
- DaCorte earned another victory, this time in the 200 butterfly, finishing seven seconds faster than the next swimmer after posting a time of 2:10.72.
- Maggie Lawler and Daley finished back-to-back in the 50 free with Lawler earning the victory with a time of 25.45. Daley touched moments later in 25.85.
- Delia MacLaughlin won the 100 freestyle with a time of 54.62, while Daley finished in third with a time of 56.34.
- The Lyons finished second through fifth in the 200 back with Pet taking second place (2:14.91), while Katherine Vitello finished third (2:17.97).
- Junior Erin Kean and senior Rowan Rice earned the Lyons points in the 200 breast with Kean finishing second (2:35.42) and Rice third (2:35.59).
- MacLaughlin earned another win later in the day, this time with a win in the 500 free (5:26.16). Foley finished seconds later with a third-place finish (5:36.46).
- Iizuka picked up her first individual win of the day in the 100 fly, beating the field with a time of 1:01.23, while MacLaughlin finished third.
- DaCorte added yet another convincing victory with a win in the 200 IM beating her closest competitor by nine seconds with a time of 2:11.41.
- The Lyons 200 free relay team capped off the day with a win with Lawler, Pet, Cole, and MacLaughlin finishing in 1:41.64, while the 'B' team took third.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Friday, Nov. 30 for the first day of the MIT Invitational which is being held Nov. 30-Dec. 2.