Jan 10, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving program earned their 7th and 8th wins of the season, defeating Mount Holyoke College, 166-73, and Clark University, 167-57, this evening at Balfour Natatorium.
- The Lyons opened the events by taking the top two spots in the 400 yard medley relay, as Kathryn Cole, Elizabeth Bernardy, Karen Iizuka and Caitlin Daley touched first with a time of 4:09.99 and Kate Dransfield, Chloe Deubner, Erin Kean and Kayleigh Foley followed close behind in 4:12.26.
- Foley and Lydia DaCorte claimed the top two spots in the 200 yard freestyle, with DaCorte coming in first in 1:56.60 and Foley coming in second in 2:03.13.
- Wheaton earned spots 1-3 in the 200 yard IM as Delia McLaughlin, Rowan Rice and Kean recorded times of 2:16.86, 2:22.77 and 2:23.52, respectively.
- Dacorte picked up two other first place victories over the course of the evening including a 2:32.12 finish in the 200 yard breast stroke and a 2:12.06 finish in the 200 yard butterfly. McLaughlin picked up another first place win as well, this time in the 100 yard freestyle.
- Julia Centola, Nika Dadoly, Deubner and Jesse Stewart owned the top half of the 200 yard backstroke event, taking home the top 4 spots in that order.
- Foley swam to victory in the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 5:36.38.
- Maddy Morrison picked up points for the Lyons in the lone diving category for the women with a 2nd place finish in the 3-meter.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, January 12, when they host the Beavers of Babson College at noon.