Jan 12, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team won 11 of 14 events to defeat the Babson College Beavers, 170-57 on senior day.
- Prior to the meet, the team honored seniors Kathryn Cole, Kate Dransfield, Allison Mosier, Rowan Rice, Jesse Stewart and Delia Tinory for their contributions to the program.
- Wheaton kicked off the day with 3 straight 1st place finishes. Cole, Elizabeth Bernardy, Lydia Dacorte and Dransfield finished the 200 yard medley relay in 1:55.36 ahead of 2nd place finishers Chloe Deubner, Erin Kean, Maggie Lawler and Stewart. Kayleigh Foley finished first in the 1000 yard freestyle with a time of 11:25.93, while McLaughlin won both the 1000 and 200 yard freestyle events.
- Dacorte picked up two more wins on the day for Wheaton, as she placed first in the 400 yard IM with a time of 4:42.05 as well as the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 5:20.52.
- Maddy Morrison won her 1 meter diving heat, picking up 9 points with a 231.53. Morrison went on to win her second diving event as well, adding another 9 points to the Wheaton tally with a 244.20 in the 3 meter diving heat.
- Wheaton took the top four spots in the 100 yard butterfly, as Karen Iizuka, Deubner, McLaughlin and Lawler took first-fourth place, respectively.
- Foley touched first in the 100 yard freestyle in 57.13, just ahead of 2nd place Eva Pet who finished in 57.48.
- The Lyons secured another commanding performance, as Cole, Dransfield, Rice and Steward grabbed the first four of five places in the 100 yard backstroke, starting with Cole's 1:02.09 finish.
- Bernardy added yet another victory for the Lyons, this time in the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:11.51. Kean and Iizuka secured the 3rd and 4th place spots in the same race for 5 more points.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will travel to Dartmouth, Mass. on Wednesday, January 16 for a dual meet with nonconference UMass. -Dartmouth as well as WPI at 6:30p.m.