Jan 19, 2019
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming & diving team concluded home action Saturday afternoon with a dual against the Tufts Jumbos in the Balfour Natatorium. The Jumbos left with a 182-111 victory.
- The Lyons opened with a third-place finish from its 'B' team in the 200-yard medley relay with Kathryn Cole, Erin Kean, Delia MacLaughlin, and Caitlin Daley finishing in 1:54.43.
- Maddie Lambert took fourth place in the 1650 after posting a personal best finish of 19:29.07.
- Sophomore Lydia DaCorte won the women's 200 freestyle with a season-best time of 1:54.44, while Daley took home fourth (2:00.71).
- Cole finished second in the 100 backstroke (1:01.51) with Kate Dransfield finishing fourth (1:02.48).
- Elizabeth Bernardy earned the Lyons points in the 100 breaststroke with a third-place finish (1:10.17), while DaCorte picked up points in the 200 butterfly with a second place finish (2:11.09).
- The 50 free saw a second place finish from MacLaughlin (25.50), while Daley took second in the 100 free (55.55).
- Maddy Morrison finished second in the 1-meter dive with a score of 246.83. She then finished first in the 3-meter dive with a score of 267.63.
- Eva Pet swam her way to a third-place in the 200 back finishing in 2:16.64, while Bernardy took third in the 200 breast with a time of 2:35.08.
- MacLaughlin set a new personal best in the 500 free, winning the entire thing with a time of 5:17.54, edging out her closest competitor by one-tenth of a second.
- Wheaton wrapped the day with a second place finish in the 400 free relay with Daley, MacLaughlin, Maggie Lawler, and DaCorte finishing in 3:41.71.
UP NEXT: Wheaton concludes the regular season on Saturday, Feb. 2 at WPI in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) dual.