LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (WPI Pool)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team got to preview the pool for the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championships Saturday afternoon, competing in the WPI Sprints.
- Eva Pet, Elizabeth Bernardy, Lydia DaCorte, and Caitlin Daley made it to the finals of the 200-yard medley relay, finishing in third place with a time of 1:53.43.
- Sophia Hatzikos made the 'B' finals of the 100 butterfly, finishing in a time of 1:02.62. In the prelims of the 100 fly, Hannah Lee finished in 1:04.94. Hatzikos also finished seventh in the finals of the 50-yard butterfly with a time of 28.64. In the prelims, Hatzikos swam a personal best time of 28.45.
- Wheaton got a third-place finish from Bernardy in the 50 breaststroke with the junior finishing in 32.40. DaCorte finished the event in 33.16, while Erin Kean finished in 33.57. Bernardy also took third in the 100 breast, touching in 1:10.32. Delia Tinory finished the race in 1:19.61.
- Daley finished fifth in the 25-yard free with a time of 11.92, while Maggie Lawler finished the 'B' finals in 12.22. Daley took second in the 500 free after touching in 5:32.73. Connolly ended the 500 free with a best of 5:42.59.
- Julia Centola and Pet finished fourth and sixth in the 100 back with Centola touching in 1:02.45 and Pet in 1:03.01. Centola finished second in the 50 back with a time of 29.02.
- The 100 IM saw Delia MacLaughlin make the finals, finishing in 1:05.96.
- Kathryn Cole, Centola, Nika Dadoly, and Pet finished fourth in the 100 free relay with a time of 47.67.
- DaCorte won the 100 free, touching nearly two seconds faster than the next finisher, ending the race in 53.90. Shannon Connolly and Daley finished in 57.14. Connolly wrapped up the prelims with a personal best time of 56.56. Connolly also finished sixth in the 200 free with a PR time of 2:04.44. Lee finished the prelims with a PR of 59.59, as did Claire Colyer (1:08.17).
- Pet and Chloe Deubner finished second and third respectively, with Pet touching in 13.91, while Dubner finished in 13.93. Kate Dransfield finished sixth in the event with a time of 14.10, while Cole finished eighth (14.43).
- Deubner, Bernardy, DaCorte, and Daley finished third in the 100 medley relay with the group finishing in 52.17. The Lyons 'B' team finished sixth with a time of 54.01.
- The 100 fly saw Lawler lead the Lyons with a time of 13.05, while was followed by Karen Iizuka who touched in 13.23.
- Connolly finished sixth in the finals of the 50 free after setting a PR in the prelims (26.04). Cole took ninth (26.08), while Hatzikos finished in 26.30.
- Bernardy and Kean finished back-to-back in the 25 breast with Bernardy finishing in 15.48 and Kean in 15.51.
- Wheaton finished sixth in the 200 free relay with a time of 1:43.53.
- Maddy Morrison won the 3-meter dive with a score of 434.15 and the 1-meter dive with a score of 385.35.
- Kean won the 400 IM with a time of 4:56.99, while Iizuka finished in 5:11.08.
- Deubner and Lee finished consecutively in the 200 fly, which saw Lee finish in a personal best time of 2:32.55.
- Caroline Genther and Tinory finished eighth and ninth in the 200 breast with Genther leading the way with a time of 2:42.78.
- Jessica Love finished sixth in the 200 back with a time of 2:20.83, while Dadoly finished seventh (2:21.77). Dransfield took 10th in the event (2:30.43).
- DaCorte earned another win, this time finishing first in the 1000 free with a time of 10:44.13. Right behind her was MacLaughlin who finished second with a time of 11:11.79, followed by Allison Mosier who took third (11:55.32).
UP NEXT: Wheaton heads back to Worcester in two weeks for the NEWMAC Championships which are being hosted by WPI. The championships are set to begin Thursday, Feb. 21 running through Sunday, Feb. 24.