Posted: Nov 16, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 179 - Springfield 119, Wheaton 234 - Keene State 46
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team swept Springfield and Keene State this afternoon in Balfour Natatorium, defeating the visitors by a combined score of 413-165.
- Eva Pet, Madeline Eller, Katherine Vitello and Hope Campbell touched in first place in the 200 yard medley relay less than a second before Springfield's first team to touch.
- Kayleigh Foley and Caroline Genther took the top two spots in the 1000 yard freestyle with Foley finishing in 11:09.54 and Genther touching in 11:18.54. Delia McLaughlin and Caitlin Daley registered another 1-2 finsh in the next women's event, the 200 yard freestyle, with McLaughlin placing first in 1:58.85 and Daley following with a time of 2:02.31.
- Eller, Brooke Cloutier and Elizabeth Bernardy placed first, second and third, respectively in the 100 yard breaststroke before Eller, Cloutier and Erin Kean swept the top three spots in the 200 yard breaststroke.
- Maddy Morrison beat three Springfield divers in the 1 meter dive and again in the 3 meter dive.
- McLaughlin picked up first place wins in a pair of other events, including the 100 and 500 yard freestyle races. Rounding out the wins for Wheaton was Eller with a third individual win, this time in the 200 yard IM and Vitello with a win in the 100 yard butterfly.