Posted: Jan 11, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 183 - Babson 88
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Balfour Natatorium)
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team honored its graduating seniors prior to the start of the Lyons New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) meet against the Beavers of Babson College. Wheaton won the meet 183-88.
- Wheaton opened the meet with a win in the 200-yard medley relay with the team of Chloe Deubner, Madeline Eller, Lydia DaCorte, and Hope Campbell finishing in 1:50.41. The Lyons picked up four more points with the 'B' team finishing in second.
- Delia MacLaughlin, Maddie Lambert, Caroline Genther, and Emma Flesher controlled the 1000-yard freestyle with Maclaughlin winning the race with a time of 11:14.47. Lambert took second (11:41.46), followed by Genther (11:43.16) and Flesher (11:46.48).
- DaCorte and Kayleigh Foley finished back-to-back in the 200 freestyle with DaCorte leading the pack with a time of 1:58.68 while Foley touched in 2:00.82.
- Jessica Love and Leah Shoulta earned Wheaton points in the 50 backstroke with a second and third-place finish respectively.
- Eller earned an individual win in the 50 breaststroke, touching in 30.07, while Brooke Cloutier finished in second (32.94).
- Deubner picked up a win of her own in the 100-yard butterfly after touching in 1:01.57. Senior Sophia Hatzikos finished in 1:05.33, which was good enough for third place.
- The 50 free saw another Wheaton win, this time from Campbell (25.88) with Maggie Lawler finishing third (26.35).
- Maddy Morrison earned a score of 243.44 in the 1-meter dive, followed by a score of 242.54 in the three-meter.
- DaCorte won another event, this time in the 100 free after touching in 55.57. Caitlin Daley was the second competitor to finish, touching in 57.38.
- Deubner and Katherine Vitello finished back-to-back in the 100 back, led by Deubner who won the event with a time of 1:01.37. Vitello touched seconds later with a time of 1:03.37.
- The Lyons took the top three spots in the 100 breast, paced by Eller who won with a time of 1:06.56. Cloutier collected a second-place finish followed by Elizabeth Bernardy in third.
- Foley earned Wheaton nine pints in the 500 free after touching in 5:24.81, which was good enough for first. Maclaughlin finished third.
- Deubner and Lawler took second and third in the 50-yard butterfly finishing in 28.09 and 28.47 respectively.