Posted: Jan 15, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 166 - WPI 127
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass.
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team continued New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Wednesday night, defeating the WPI Engineers 166 - 127 on the road.
- Wheaton started the night with a win in the 200-yard medley relay with Chloe Deubner, Madeline Eller, Lydia DaCorte, and Hope Campbell beating the competition with a time of 1:49.62.
- Delia MacLaughlin kept the winning going with a first-place finish in the 1000 freestyle, touching in 11:07.33. Sophomore Maddie Lambert took third with a time of 11:30.82.
- Sophomore Kayleigh Foley was the top finisher in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:59.58.
- The 100 backstroke saw Deubner and Eva Pet finish back-to-back with Deubner winning the event with a time of 1:00.77. Pet collected a second-place finish with a time of 1:01.98.
- Eller and DaCorte continued the trend of first-place finishes winning the 100 breaststroke and 200 butterfly respectively. In the 100 breast, Eller touched in 1:07.13, while DaCorte concluded the butterfly with a time of 2:11.94.
- In the 50 free, Campbell finished in second place with a time of 25.41, while Maggie Lawler finished in third with a time of 26.21.
- Maddy Morrison won the 1-meter dive convincingly with a score of 238.94. The senior did the same in the 3-meter dive, earning a final score of 237.44.
- MacLaughlin picked up points for the Lyons in the 100 free, taking home second place with a time of 56.84.
- Pet earned a win in the 200 backstroke, defeating the competition with a time of 2:16.11. Julia Centola placed third in the event, finishing in 2:19.16.
- Eller picked up another win, this time in the 200 breast, finishing with a time of 2:29.09.
- DaCorte defeated the field in the 500 free by eight seconds after touching in 5:20.90.
- Deubner finished in second place in the 100 butterfly with a time of 1:01.32, while Eller took second in the 200 IM with a time of 2:15.28.
- The Lyons ended the night with a win in the 400 freestyle relay with MacLaughlin, Campbell, Foley, and DaCorte wrapping up the event with a time of 3:43.91.