Posted: Jan 18, 2020
SCORE: Wheaton 114 - Tufts 169
LOCATION: Medford, Mass.
- The Wheaton College women's swimming and diving team returned to action Saturday afternoon for one of its toughest battles of the season, taking on the sixth-best team in the nation in the Tufts Jumbos.
- The 200-yard medley relay saw the Lyons finish in second place with Eva Pet, Madeline Eller, Chloe Deubner, and Hope Campbell touching in 1:49.70.
- Lydia DaCorte took home second place in the 1000 yard freestyle with a final time of 10:48.83. DaCorte also took second place in the 200 butterfly, finishing in 2:12.62. The junior also had the second-best time in the 500 free, finishing in 5:14.66.
- Deubner finished the 100 backstroke in 1:01.25 which was good enough for second place, while Eller won the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:06.40. Eller also took home third place in the 200 back (2:15.09).
- Brooke Cloutier, Maddi Curran, and Megan Simeone had a solid showing in the 200 breast with Cloutier leading the group with a time of 2:37.77.
- Katherine Vitello earned Wheaton points in the 100 butterfly with a time of 1:02.70, while Leah Shoulta earned points with a time of 5:06.56 in the 400 yard IM.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay team of Eller, Caitlin Daley, Delia MacLaughlin, and DaCorte finished the race in 1:42.55.
- Maddy Morrison finished third in the 1-meter dive with a score of 284.77, before taking second in the 3-meter dive with a score of 282.75.