Mar 11, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 8 - Fullerton College 1
LOCATION: Fullerton, Calif.
- The Wheaton College women's tennis team opened its California trip with an 8-1 defeat of Fullerton College Monday afternoon.
- The Lyons opened the day with a sweep of doubles, with Ines de Bracamonte and Isabelle Garvanne picking up the first win 8-2.
- Miriam Galindo Cerrada and Allison Burton collected the next win (8-3), followed by an 8-4 victory from Connor O'Keefe and Harley Swainston.
- In singles action, Wheaton's only defeat came in the top spot, but not before Nika Dadoly and O'Keefe sealed the win with victories in the No. 6 (6-3, 6-0) and No. 4 (6-1, 6-1) spots respectively.
- Garvanne made it a 6-0 Wheaton contest with a 6-0, 6-2 win as the No. 2, followed by a win from Galindo Cerrada in the No. 3 spot (6-4, 6-1).
- Burton rounded out the scoring with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Savanna Schreiner in the five spot.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Tuesday, March 12 against Northern Colorado in California for a 9 a.m. (EST) contest.