SCORE: Wheaton 8 - Colby-Sawyer 1
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- The Wheaton College women's tennis team played outside at the Clark Tennis Courts for the first time this spring, earning an 8-1 defeat of Colby-Sawyer.
- Wheaton swept doubles, starting with an 8-2 win from Connor O'Keefe and Harley Swainston. That win was followed by an 8-0 win in the No. 2 spot (Isabelle Garvanne/Allison Burton) and then a hard fought 8-5 win from Ines de Bracamonte and Miriam Galindo Cerrada in the top spot.
- Galindo Cerrada (No. 3) and Garvanne (No. 2) earned Wheaton the win by taking the first two singles points, starting with a 6-1, 6-1 win from Galindo Cerrada. Garvanne took down her competitor 6-2, 6-3.
- de Bracamonte put Wheaton ahead 6-0 with a 6-1, 6-3 win over Yashu Yang in the top spot, which was followed by a win from O'Keefe in the No. 5 position (6-3, 6-1).
- Nika Dadoly earned Wheaton its final point of the match, earning a 6-4, 2-6, 10-5 win over Amira Eid.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, March 30 at 12 p.m. for a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) home contest against the Clark Cougars.