Mar 30, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 9 - Clark 0
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Clark Tennis Courts)
- The Wheaton College women's tennis team earned a 9-0 New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) win Saturday afternoon over the Clark Cougars on Senior Day.
- Wheaton started the day with an 8-2 win at doubles from senior Connor O'Keefe and junior Harley Swainston. That was followed by a win from senior Ines de Bracamonte and first-year Miriam Galindo Cerrada (8-1), followed by an 8-1 win from Isabelle Garvanne and Allison Burton.
- Burton earned Wheaton the first singles win with a 6-0, 6-0 defeat of Chloe Dunnell.
- de Bracamonte collected the match-winning point with a 6-0, 6-0 win of her own from the top spot.
- Wheaton closed out the match with a win from Garvanne (6-0, 6-1), Galindo Cerrada (6-0, 6-1), O'Keefe (6-1, 6-1), and Olivia Donovan. Donovan worked hard for her victory in the No. 6 spot, winning the opening set 6-4, before falling 4-6 in the next. The senior completed the sweep with a 10-4 victory in the deciding set.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Tuesday, April 2 against Mount Holyoke in NEWMAC action. The contest is set for 4:30 p.m. at Wheaton.