Apr 02, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Mount Holyoke 3
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College women's tennis team picked up its third straight win Tuesday evening, defeating the Lyons of Mount Holyoke 6-3 in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest.
- Doubles got started with a win from senior Ines de Bracamonte and first-year Miriam Galindo Cerrada defeated Ching-Ching Huang and Ayame Yazawa 8-2 in the top spot.
- Mount Holyoke countered with wins in the final two doubles matches, taking a 2-1 lead heading into singles action.
- Wheaton evened things up with a win from de Bracamonte in the No. 1 spot, defeating Yazawa 6-3, 6-2. Isabelle Garvanne handed the lead to Wheaton after winning her match over Huang 6-3, 6-2 as the two.
- Connor O'Keefe made it a 4-2 Wheaton with a 6-4, 6-4 win against Anya Gerasimova. The win was sealed with a win from the five spot with Allison Burton earning a 1-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, April 6 at Springfield for a 10:30 a.m. NEWMAC contest.