Posted: Apr 06, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Springfield 6
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass. (Appleton Courts)
- The Wheaton College women's tennis team fell to Springfield College 6-3 Saturday afternoon in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action.
- Wheaton captured one of the three doubles matches with Isabelle Garvanne and Allison Burton taking down Cara Freadman and Rielly Malz 8-6.
- The Lyons were close to earning another point in doubles with Ines de Bracamonte and Miriam Galindo Cerrada falling 8-6 in a tightly contested battle against Melissa Parrish and Juliette Piazza.
- Wheaton collected the top two singles points, with de Bracamonte earning a 6-1, 6-1 win over Parrish, while Garvanne took down Freadman 7-6 (7-5), 6-0.
- Burton took Rachael Ahlmeyter to three sets in her match at No. 5 singles with the sophomore falling 5-7 in the opening set before taking the second by the same score. In the deciding set, it was Ahlmeyer who came out victorious, earning a 10-8 win.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Tuesday, April 9 at 3:30 p.m. at MIT.