Posted: Jan 13, 2018
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine (Farley Field House)
- Sophomore Briana Gausland had a great season opener for the Lyons, picking up victories in the 60 and 200m with New England DIII qualifying times. In the 60m, Gausland finished in 8.03 before concluding the 200m in 26.98.
- Senior Raevyn Fontaine finished the 200m right behind Gausland with a NE DIII qualifying time of her own (26.99). Fontain also picked up a win in her first meet of the season, finishing first in the 60m hurdles with a NE DIII qualifying time of 9.28.
- First-year Ellen Shaw started her career with a second place finish in the 60m hurdles (9.57), which is a NE DIII qualifying time. Shaw also finished sixth in the 200m.
- Senior Lizzy Akindolie won the triple jump with a mark of 11.19m (36'8.5"), which qualifies for the NE DIII and All-New England Championships.
- Senior Abby Epplett won the 400m and was another Lyon to earn a DIII qualifying time, finishing in 59.68.
- First-year Chellsie Pearson qualified for the NE DIII championships with her preliminary time in the 60m, before finishing fourth in the finals (8.20).
- Gina Pardi took sixth place in the 3000m with a time of 11:06.92.
- Wheaton's 4x400 relay team ended the race with a third place finish.
- Jill van der Schaaf and Lauren Davidson both competed in the high jump, finishing in fourth and fifth place respectively.
- First-year Ann Grabowski finished her first collegiate pole vault with a vault of 2.45m (8'0.5")
UP NEXT: Wheaton will come home to Beard Fieldhouse for the Lyons Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 20 at 12 p.m.