Posted: Feb 03, 2018
LOCATION: Middletown, Conn.
- The Lyons Chellsie Pearson took home a fifth place finish and New England DIII qualifying time in the 60m finals with a time of 8.17.
- First-year Mia Hartl finished the 1000m finals with an 11th place finish, while classmate Sara Spear finished the 200m with a top-20 time.
- Abby LeBlanc and Rebecca Miceli finished in eighth and ninth in the mile final with LeBlanc finishing in 5:40.26 with Miceli right behind in 5:40.31.
- Senior Maddie Brucker ended the 5000m in second place with a time of 18:53.97.
- Ellen Shaw took home a third place and NE DIII qualifying mark in the 60m hurdles after finishing 9.42.
- Tara Rochefort finished in sixth place in the weighted throw, finishing with a distance of 13.15m (43'1.75").
- At the Open New England Championships hosted at the Reggie Lewis Center, the Lyons Briana Gausland earned a NE DIII qualifying time in the 60m preliminaries with a time of 8.10.
- Abby Epplett picked up a NE DIII qualifying time of her own, posting a time of 59.95 in the 400m preliminaries.
- Senior Raevyn Fontaine finished the 60m hurdles with a NE DIII qualifying time of 9.29.
- Gina Pardi finished the 1000m prelims in 3:21.77.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 10 at the Valentine Invitational hosted by Boston University.