Posted: Apr 07, 2018
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- The women's team had an outstanding day at the Amherst Spring Fling finishing in second place, just two points off of the winning team WPI.
Leading the way was sophomore Briana Gausland who was a triple event winner. Gausland took the title in the 100 meter (12.67), 200 meter (25.98), and also was first leg in the 4x100 meter relay team.
- Senior captain Raevyn Fontaine was victorious in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.75 and was a runner-up in the 200 meter with a time of 26.61.
- First-year Ellen Shaw was second in the 100m hurdles (15.64), third in the 400 hurdles, and jumped 1.54m in the high jump to qualify for New England Division III.
Senior Abby Epplett was victorious in the 400m hurdles with a time of 66.25.
- The women's 4x100 of Gausland, Fontaine, Sara Spear, and Chellsie Pearson took first place in a time of 49.84.
Senior captain Lizzy Akindolie won the triple jump with a jump of 10.73m.
Junior Tara Rochefort was second in both discus (30.87) and hammer throw (40.19).
- Junior Cathryn MacGregor was runner-up in the Javelin (35.53).
First-year Chellsie Pearson was fourth in the 100 meter with a personal best time of 12.95.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Apr. 14 where they will travel to the SNHU Invitational.