Posted: Apr 14, 2018
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- Women's track and field finished in fourth place out of fifteen teams in the Southern New Hampshire University Invitational.
- Ellen Shaw won the high jump with a season-best jump of 1.56m. Shaw was also fifth in the 100m hurdles and a leadoff leg for the 4x400m relay.
- Abby Epplett won the 400m hurdles by over four seconds with a season-best time of 1:04.35.
- Maddie Brucker was second in the 5000m run in a time of 18:57.45. Rebecca Miceli was third in the 5000m run with a personal best time of 19:03.41.
- Cathryn MacGregor finished third in the javelin throw with a season-best throw of 38.90m.
- Elizabeth Akindolie was third in the triple jump with a jump of 11.22m and qualified herself for the New England DIII Championship in the long jump with a jump of 5.14m.
- Raevyn Fontaine was third in the 100m hurdles.
- Tara Rochefort was third in the hammer throw with a toss of 39.64m.
- Gina Pardi came in second in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 12:31.83.
- Abby LeBlanc was sixth in the 800m run with a season-best time. Caren McCarthy was 7th in the high jump.
- The 4x400m relay team of Shaw, Briana Gausland, Epplett, and Spear finished second and the women's 4x100m relay of Gausland, Fontaine, Spear and Chellsie Pearson finished in third with a time of 49.72.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will return to action on Wednesday, April 18 for the Holy Cross Heptathlon & Decathlon.