Posted: Jan 12, 2019
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine (Farley Field House)
- The Wheaton women's track & field team started off the 2019 campaign at the Bowdoin College Invitational where they placed fourth overall.
- First-year Alexandra Case won the 200 Meter Dash with a time of 26.89 while junior Briana Gausland placed third with a time of 27.14.
- In the 60 Meter Hurdles, sophomore Ellen Shaw placed first with a time of 9.34. Alongside Shaw's victory, first-year Nina Schofield took fourth place in a time of 10.33.
- Emma Yount earned second place honors in the 5,000 Meter Run, finishing with a time of 19:53.83.
- First-year Chelsea El-Hajj took sixth in the 800-meter run in a time of 2:33.84.
- First Year Chloe Van Dyne had a great debut in the High Jump, placing second with a Division III New England Championship qualifying jump of 1.55m. Lauren Davidson followed up on Van Dyne's performance and landed fourth place with a 1.45m jump.
- The 3000 meters had a trio of Wheaton Lyons scoring points. First-year Kathrine Leckbee took third in a time of 10:47.90, junior Gina Pardi was fifth in 11:04.95, and sophomore Katie Brown was sixth in 11:06.75.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will come home to Beard Fieldhouse for the Lyons Invitational on Friday, Jan. 18 at 5:00 p.m.