Jan 26, 2019
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- The women's track and field team traveled to the Tufts Branwen Smith-King Invitational on Saturday where they placed ninth overall.
- The women were led by Briana Gausland who placed second in the 60-meter dash with a time of 8.07. Guasland's time qualified her for the New England Division III Championship. Margaret Walker followed behind Gausland, placing fifth in a time of 8.21.
- Kathrine Leckbee finished in third place in the 1000m run with an NE DIII qualifying time of 3:10.55.
- In the 60m hurdles, Nina Schofield placed seventh in a time of 9.85.
- Walker, Elizabeth Matre, Sara Spear, and Gausland took home first place in the 4x200 meter relay with a record time of 1:49.06.
- Ellen Shaw and Alexandra Case both competed in the 400m run at the John Thomas Terrier Classic at Boston University on Friday Night. Shaw qualified for the NE DIII with a time of 1:00.60.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will hit the road to compete at the NYU DIII Invitational on Friday, Feb. 1 at 1:00 p.m.