Posted: Feb 08, 2019
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- The Wheaton women's track and field team competed Friday at the David Hemery Valintine Invitational hosted by Boston University. The field was made up of Division I, II, and III schools as well as professional athletes, and club teams.
- Ellen Shaw took 14th in the women's 60m Hurdle Invitational. Shaw's time of 9.28 was the third fastest among Divison III athletes. Teammate, Nina Schofield was third in the women's open 60m hurdle race with a PR of 9.52.
Six women represented the Lyons in the 200m dash. First-year Alexandra Case ran a new PR of 25.89 while Briana Gausland ran a season-best of 26.40. Margaret Walker followed up with a PR of 26.51. Case, Gausland, & Walker all hit the New England Division III Qualifying time. Sarah Daddario ran a PR of 27.16 and Elizabeth Matre ran a PR of 27.22.
- Gina Pardi ran a 3:14.08 in the 1000m run. Teammates Chelsea El-Hajj and Emma Yount ran new PRs of 3:19.60 and 3:25.46.
- Katie Brown ran a new PR of 10:45.21 in the 3000m run and Kathrine Leckbee ran a PR 5:23.05 in the mile.
- Chloe Van Dyne jumped 1.50m in the High Jump.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will be back in action next weekend on Sat., Feb. 16, where they will compete at the Bowdoin College Invitational.