Feb 16, 2019
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine
- The women's team won five events at the Bowdoin Invitational in their final tune-up up before the championship season.
- Ellen Shaw ran 9.23, her second fastest time, to win the 60m hurdles.
- Briana Gausland won the 60m dash in a time of 8.04 while teammate, Margaret Walker, came in second with a new PR time of 8.13.
- Alexandra Case placed first in the 200m dash in a time of 26.55. Elizabeth Matre finished fourth while Sarah Daddario followed up in sixth.
- First-year, Kathrine Leckbee ran a new personal best of 10:33.47 to win the 3000m run. Leckbee's time qualifies her for the NE DIII Championship. Emma Yount and Mia Hartl finished second and third respectively.
- The women's distance medley relay of Gina Pardi, Abby LeBlanc, Chelsea El-Hajj, and Katie Brown rounded out the first place finishes for the Lyons.
- Natalie Laliberte finished third in the long jump with a personal best jump of 5.08 meters. Laliberte's mark qualifies her for the NE DIII Championships. Nina Schofield placed 5th in the long jump.
- Gina Pardi was third in the 1000m in a time of 3:12.47. Teammate, Allie Demers, finished fifth in a time of 3:19.58.
- LeBlanc and El Hajj placed fourth and fifth in the 600m dash.
- Chloe Van Dyne and Lauren Davidson tied for fifth in the high jump.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to Bowdoin next Friday, Feb. 22, where they will compete in the New England DIII Championship.