Posted: Apr 06, 2019
LOCATION: Amherst, Mass.
- The Wheaton women's track and field team traveled to Amherst College on Saturday, placing first overall in the Spring Fling Invitational.
- Kathrine Leckbee won the 3000m steeplechase in a personal best time of 11:40.69, placing her third overall on the Wheaton All-Time Top 10 List while Abby LeBlanc followed up in second in a time of 12:32.10. Leckbee's time of 11:40.69 also qualifies her for the New England Division III Championships.
- In the 100m, Margaret Walker (12.74) and Alexandra Case (12.84) placed 1-2 while Sarah Daddario and Briana Gausland followed up in fourth and fifth in a time of 12.97 and 12.99. Walker's 100m time also qualifies her for the NE DIII Championship.
- Walker followed up on her 100m performance with a fifth-place finish in the 200m in a time of 26.75.
- Katie Brown took home first place in the 1500m in a personal best time of 4:55.75.
- Ellen Shaw won both the 100m hurdles and the 400m hurdles in a time of 15.01 (PR) and 1:06.48.
- Lauren Davidson and Chloe Van Dyne placed 2-3 in the women's high jump with a jump of 1.50m.
- Natalie Laliberte placed fifth in the long jump with a personal best jump of 5.16m, qualifying her for the NE DIII Championship.
- Elizabeth Bernardy finished third overall in the discus.
- Cathryn MacGregor and Maddie Amero placed 2-3 in the javelin with throws of 42.04m and 38.00m.
- In the 4x100m relay, Daddario, Walker, Sara Spear, and Case finished first placed in a time of 50.17.
UP NEXT: The women's track and field team returns to the road on Saturday where they will travel to the SNHU Invitational.