Posted: Apr 13, 2019
LOCATION: New London, Conn
- The women's track and field team traveled to Connecticut College on Friday to compete in the Silfen Elite Distance Invitational. First-year Kathrine Leckbee earned a third-place finish for the Lyons in the 3000m steeplechase in a time of 11:34.57.
LOCATION: Manchester, NH
- On Saturday, the women's track and field team traveled to New Hampshire where they competed in the Second Annual SNHU Penman Relays.
- Senior Cathryn MacGregor led Wheaton on the day, taking first place in the javelin with a throw of 43.28m while Maddie Amero followed up with a 37.41m throw.
- In the 200m Finals, Briana Gausland and Alexandra Case placed 7-8 with Gausland finishing in a time of 25.92 and Case in a time of 26.00.
- Ellen Shaw took home third place in the 100m hurdles in a time of 15.07 while also placing fourth in the 400m hurdles in a time of 1:06.69.
- Junior Holly Cohan represented the Lyons with a 5: 32.51-mile time to earn a seventh-place finish.
- Sophomore Mia Hartl placed eighth in the 5000m in a time of 19:21.53.
- Gina Pardi ran a 12:23.96 time to earn a sixth-place finish in the 3000 steeplechase.
- In the 4x100m relay, a team of Gausland, Margaret Walker, Sara Spear, and Case place third overall in a time of 49.16.
- First-year Chloe Van Dyne jumped for 1.45m in the high jump to finish seventh.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will hit the road again on Saturday, April 20, where they will compete at the Trinity College Invitational.