Posted: Apr 20, 2019
LOCATION: Hartford, Conn
- Sophomore Ellen Shaw ran 15.10 in the prelims of the 100 hurdles, eventually winning the 100 hurdles finals in a time of 15.40. Nina Schofield followed up in second in a time of 15.42. a personal best by over .4 seconds. Both times qualify each Lyon for the New England Division III Championships.
- Senior Cathryn MacGregor won her second javelin event in a row with a 39.01m mark while Maddie Amero threw for 35.15m to earn a third-place title. With this performance, MacGregor and Amero both qualify for the NE DIII Championship.
- First-year Kathrine Leckbee placed second overall in the 1500m with a personal best time of 4:58.93.
- Both Alexandra Case and Sara Spear ran personal best times of 12.54 and 13.08 in the 100m trails to advance. With these times, Case was able to place third overall while Spear tallied for a fifth-place finish.
- In the 200m, Margaret Walker and Sarah Daddario placed 2-3 with Walker finishing in a time of 26.88 and Daddario in a time of 27.56.
- Chelsea El-Hajj ran the 800m in a time of 2:31.38, placing her fifth while Katie Brown followed up in sixth in a time of 2:31.60.
UP NEXT: Wheaton will travel to Springfield College on Saturday, April 27, where they will compete in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Championships.