Posted: Apr 27, 2019
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass.
- The women's track and field team traveled to Springfield on Saturday where they competed in the NEWMAC Championships placing fifth, just two points shy of fourth.
- In the 100m dash, junior Briana Gausland earned a first-place finish and All-NEWMAC Honors with a time of 12.52 while Alexandra Case (12.87) and Sarah Daddario (13.07) followed up with a fifth place and eighth place finish. Gausland also earned a fourth-place finish in the 200m dash in a time of 25.92.
- In the 4x100m relay, the team consisting of Gausland, Margaret Walker, Sara Spear, Case, and Daddario earned a first-place finish and All-NEWMAC Honors with a time of 49.23.
- Ellen Shaw won the preliminaries in the 100m hurdles in a time of 15.15 and later placed third overall with a time of 15.43. Shaw also placed second and was tabbed to the All-NEWMAC team in the 400m hurdles with a time of 1:07.55.
- In the 3000m steeplechase, first-year Kathrine Leckbee earned a third-place finish with a time of 11:29.21.
- Sophomore Natalie Laliberte finished in second place in the long jump (5.31m) placing her on the All-NEWMAC team while first-year Chloe Van Dyne placed eighth in the high jump with a jump of 1.50m
- Sophomore Katie Brown ran the 1500m run in a time of 5:01.01, placing her fourth.
- First-year Emma Yount placed fifth in the 10000m run in a time of 40:19.09.
- Cathryn MacGregor and Maddie Amero placed 4-5 in the javelin throw with MacGregor throwing for 38.13m and Amero for 34.62m.
UP NEXT: The Lyons will travel to Williams College on Friday, May 3, where they will compete in the New England DIII Championships.