Posted: Jan 11, 2020
LOCATION: Brunswick, Maine
- The Wheaton College women's track & field team returned to action Saturday afternoon for the team's first indoor meet of the season with the Lyons finishing in fourth place with 65 points.
- Chellsie Pearson finished the 60m dash with a time of 8.38 which was good enough for eighth place.
- Senior Briana Gausland and sophomore Margaret Walker put in strong performances in the 200m dash with Gausland finishing in fourth place with a time of 26.91 while Walker was on her heals (26.95).
- The 600m run saw Abby LeBlanc and Chelsea El-Hajj finished back-to-back paced by LeBlanc who finished in sixth place with a time of 1:47.07. El-Hajj took seventh place with a time of 1:49.51.
- Kathrine Leckbee, fresh off a strong cross country season, won the one mile run with a time of 5:19.07.
- Meredith Mashtare, Emma Yount, and Gina Pardi finished third through fifth in the 3000m run with Mashtare crossing in 11:17.95 which was good enough for third place. Yount wrapped up the race in 11:31.43, while Pardi completed the event in 11:37.55.
- Nina Schofield finished fourth in the 60m hurdles with a time of 9.67.
- Wheaton won the 4x200m relay with the team of Gasuland, Alexandra Case, Elizabeth Matre, and Walker finishing in 1:46.93.
- In the 4x400m relay, Wheaton earned points with a third-place finish (4:32.43) from Ellen Shaw, Case, Matre, and Sabrina Schully.
- Sophomore Chloe Van Dyne had a good showing in the high jump, clearing 1.56m (5-01.25), which was the event winning height. Lauren Davidson finished fourth, followed by Jill van der Schaaf in fifth.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Friday, Jan. 17 for the Lyons Invitational which will be hosted in the Wheaton fieldhouse.