Posted: Jan 17, 2020
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College women's track & field team returned to action Friday evening hosting the Lyon Invitational in Beard Fieldhouse.
- The high jump saw Hannah Wescott and Chloe Van Dyne finish back-to-back with Wescott taking second place with a height of 1.56m. Van Dyne also finished with a height of 1.56m. Both finishes are New England DIII Championships qualifying finishes. Lauren Davidson finished in fourth with a jump of 1.46m.
- Meredith Mashtare earned a second-place finish in the one mile run after crossing the finish line at 5:46.41. The time was just 33 hundredths out of first place.
- Nina Schofield won the 60m hurdles after completing the sprint in 9.46, which betters her time from the season opener. Wescott also competed in the event, finishing in third (9.73) which qualifies her for the DIII Championships, while Ellen Shaw finishing in fifth (10.10).
- Margaret Walker finished the 60m dash in 7.92, which was good enough for second place, while Briana Gausland earned third place with a finals time of 7.93. With their finishes, both Walker and Gausland qualified for the NE DIII Championships, sitting in 10th and 16th place respectively on the NCAA Performance list. Chellsie Pearson finished fifth.
- Katherine Leckbee finished third in the 1000m with a time of 3:10.53, which also qualified her for the NE DIII Championships.
- Alexandra Case had a strong showing, moving into fifth on the Wheaton top-10 list, in the 300m after finishing in second place with a time of 42.51.
- The Lyons 4x200m team of Case, Walker, Elizabeth Matre, and Gausland finished in second place after crossing the finish line less than a second behind the top finisher with a time of 1:46.32.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Saturday, Jan. 25 for the Wheaton Invitational which will be hosted in Beard Fieldhouse.