Posted: Jan 25, 2020
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Beard Fieldhouse)
- The Wheaton College women's track & field team returned to action Saturday for the Wheaton Invitational.
- Hannah Wescott finished the high jump in second place after finishing with a height of 1.56m (5-01.25). Jill van der Schaaf took fourth, while Lauren Davidson and Chloe Van Dyne finished in fifth.
- Katherine Leckbee nearly won the 1-mile run, finishing one-hundredth of a second slower than the top runner from Tufts. The sophomore finished in 5:17.52.
- Nina Schofield won the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.27, while Wescott finished in fourth.
- Wheaton had a strong showing in the 60-meter dash with Briana Gausland and Margaret Walker finishing back-to-back, paced by a time of 7.85 from Gausland. Walker finished in 7.99.
- The 200m dash saw both Gausland and Walker take the top two spots with Gausland finishing in 26.30. Walker finished in 26.44.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Friday, Jan. 31 for the Tufts Multi-Event, followed by the Brawnwen Smith King Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 1.