Posted: Feb 01, 2020
LOCATION: Medford, Mass. (Gantcher Center)
- The Wheaton College women's track & field team returned to action Saturday for the Brawnwen Smith King Invitational. Of the 22 teams in attendance, the Lyons finished in 10th place.
- Sophomore Alexandra Case set a personal best in the semi-finals of the 60m dash, finishing with a New England Division III Championship qualifying time of 8.05. Case went on to finish the finals in fifth place. Case also competed in the 400m dash (1:01.38).
- The 3000m run saw sophomore Katherine Leckbee finish in sixth place with a personal best time of 10:25.10. The time was good enough to qualify for the NE DIII Championships.
- Ellen Shaw finished sixth in the 60m hurdle finals with a time of 9.85. In the preliminaries, Shaw produced a NE DIII qualifying time.
- Chloe Van Dyne took home sixth in the high jump after producing a height of 1.46m (4-09.50).
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Friday, Feb. 7 for the Albany Winter Classic.