Posted: Sep 14, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 3 – Salve Regina 0 (25-23, 25-21, 25-21)
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-2, 1-0 NEWMAC) – Salve Regina (4-4, 0-0 Commonwealth Coast)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Julia Palomba reached her career-high 11 kills again, while junior Claire Cansler recorded eight. Annie Donohue led the Seahawks with 7.
- Becca Houghton led the court with 26 assists and Stephanie Martin did the same in the digs category with 14. Maggie Shafer and Cathryn MacGregor tallied 10 and 8 digs, respectively.
- Defensively, Salve's Donohue led all players with four blocks. Cameron Mercer and Casey Dinga each recorded three.
- The first set was close a close one, as neither team led by more than three at any point. Wheaton took the set, 25-23 after trailing 22-20.
- They Lyons controlled the pace of the second set, maintaining a 4 point cushion from early on and leading by as many as 7 points at 21-14. Salve chipped away for a bit, eventually getting up to 19-22, but Wheaton took that win on a Seahawks service error.
- Set three saw a firy start for Salve Regina, as they led the Lyons until 8-6. That would be their last lead of the evening, however, and Wheaton would take the set, 25-21.
- Attacking percentage: Wheaton .136 - Salve Regina .120
- Service aces: Wheaton 10 - Salve Regina 2
- Digs: Wheaton 47 - Salve Regina 42
- Block solos: Wheaton 1 - Salve Regina 0
- Block assists: Wheaton 8 - Salve Regina 8