SCORE: Wheaton 0 – MIT 3 (18-25, 21-25, 20-25)
RECORDS: Wheaton (9-7, 1-3 NEWMAC) – MIT (15-0, 4-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Rockewell Cage)
- Cathryn MacGregor ended with a team-high eight kills for the Lyons, while Julia Palomba knocked down seven and Claire Cansler finished with six.
- Sophomore Becca Houghton led Wheaton with 28 assists, while Stephanie Martin had a team-high 17 digs.
- Casey Dinga and Houghton both finished with two blocks for Wheaton, while MacGregor had one.
- MIT captured the lead out of the gate in the opening set, despite never holding the lead, Wheaton managed to tie the contest three times.
- Wheaton took two leads in the second set, one at 4-3 on a MIT error, and the other at 5-4 on a Palomba kill.
- The Lyons turned things around at the start of the third set, running to a quick 4-1 lead on a kill and ace by Palomba, and two MIT errors. The Engineers battled back, leaving the two sides fighting for each point and control of the lead the rest of the way.
- Attacking percentage: Wheaton .133 - MIT .283
- Service aces: Wheaton 4 - MIT 5
- Digs: Wheaton 49 - MIT 50
- Block solos: Wheaton 0 - MIT 2
- Block assists: Wheaton 2 - MIT 6
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Thursday, Sept. 28 at Rhode Island College for a 7 p.m. match.