Posted: Oct 10, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Babson 1 (25-14, 21-25, 25-23, 25-17)
RECORDS: Wheaton (15-7, 4-3 NEWMAC) – Babson (16-4, 5-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Wheaton took four sets to hand the visiting Babson their first road loss of the season this evening at Emerson Gymnasium .
- The Lyons held advantages in kills (45-36) and digs (60-51) over the course of four sets.
- Wheaton cruised to an easy, 25-14 set one victory after a delivering a devastating 7-0 run to gain a 24-13 lead.
- Babson climbed back into the contest however to take the second set, 25-21, before eventually falling the final two sets, 25-23 and 25-17.
- Junior Claire Cansler led all players on the court with eleven kills, while Julia Palomba and Cathryn MacGregor trailed closely behind with ten each.
- Defensively, Babson's Abby Beecher set a contest-high 20 digs. Stephanie Martin, Palomba and MacGregor recorded 17, 16 and 14 digs, respectively.
- Becca Houghton handed out a total 35 assists in addition to a pair of assists and six kills.
- The win marks the sixth straight for the Lyons.
- Attacking percentage: Wheaton .131 - Babson .146
- Service aces: Wheaton 14 - Babson 4
- Digs: Wheaton 60 - Babson 51
- Block solos: Wheaton 1 - Babson 0
- Block assists: Wheaton 10 - Babson 14