SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Coast Guard (15-25, 25-20, 25-15, 25-17)
RECORDS: Wheaton (23-8, 7-3 NEWMAC) - Coast Guard (16-13, 5-5 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Wheaton fell to Coast Guard in the first set, 15-25, before taking three straight for a 3-1 victory.
- The Lyons fell behind, 20-17 in the second set, but used an 8-0 run to take the win and even the match at 1-1.
- Wheaton took the next two sets, 25-20 and 25-15.
- In a close, fourth set, the teams were knotted at 16-16 until Wheaton scored six straight. CGA scored a seventeenth off of a Lyon attack error, but the hosts were able to put it away thanks to three errors from the visitors.
- Wheaton was led by 10 kills from Julia Palomba and nine kills from Cathryn MacGregor, Claire Cansler, Becca Houghton.
- Macgregor and Stephanie Martin recorded 15 digs each, while Michelle McGill notched 13 for the Bears.
- Wheaton concludes the regular season with a 7-3 New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference record, which is the best conference record in program history.
- With the win, the Lyons clinch the #4 seed and a home game in the NEWMAC Tournament and will face-off against the Cougars of Clark on Tuesday, Oct. 31 in Emerson Gymnasium.
- Wheaton returns to the NEWMAC Tournament for the first time since 2014 and ends the regular season with its best overall record since 1997.
- Attacking percentage: Wheaton .200 - Coast Guard .107
- Service aces: Wheaton 9 - Coast Guard 8
- Digs: Wheaton 61 - Coast Guard 43
- Block solos: Wheaton 0 - Coast Guard 0
- Block assists: Wheaton 14 - Coast Guard 4
UP NEXT: #4 Wheaton will host #5 Clark in a rematch on Tuesday, Oct. 31 at 7 p.m. in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Tournament Quarterfinals. Wheaton, who fell to Clark 3-0 earlier in the season, are 21-15 lifetime against the Cougars. VIDEO / LIVE STATS