SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Endicott 0 (25-23, 25-16, 27-25)
RECORDS: Wheaton (12-1) - Endicott (7-6)
LOCATION: Beverly, Mass. (MacDonald Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton volleyball team swept the Gulls of Endicott College on the road this evening, improving to 12-1 and 11 straight wins. The Gulls drop to 7-6 with the loss.
- Claire Cansler lead the squad with 9 kills, while Becca Houghton finished with a .444 attacking percentage and five kills.
- Houghton's 29 assists on the night bring her career assist total to 2056, and Endicott's Zoey Gifford lead the Gulls with 21.
- Wheaton took the first set, 25-23, after the teams traded leads and a series of ties. Endicott tied the contest and gained their first lead since 5-4 at 22-21 with a Wheaton error, but the Lyons took three points in a row to claim the victory.
- The Lyons trailed early in set 2 before gaining a 5-point lead at 20-15 and claiming the last five points, ending with a kill from Nikita Selivan.
- The Gulls came out hot to start the third set, leading Wheaton by as many as 9 points by 13-4. Multiple sets of consecutive Lyon points and a pair of attacking errors for Endicott would eventually help put Wheaton on top, 24-23, before the set was locked at 25-25. Wheaton took the set after scoring two immediate points with a Houghton kill and another Endicott error.
- Attacking percentage: Wheaton .218 - Endicott .047
- Service aces: Wheaton 6 - Endicott 5
- Digs: Wheaton 62 - Endicott 61
- Block solos: Wheaton 2 - Endicott 0
- Block assists: Wheaton 6 - Endicott 4
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, September 22, when they host a tri-match with Clark University and Connecticut College. The Lyons will take on Clark at 11:00 a.m. before playing Conn. College at 3:00 p.m. VIDEO / LIVE STATS