Oct 01, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 0 - MIT 3 (18-25, 14-25, 13-25)
RECORDS: Wheaton (11-7, 2-2 NEWMAC) - MIT (14-3, 4-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Cambridge, Mass. (Rockwell Cage)
- The Wheaton College volleyball team returned to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Tuesday night falling to MIT 3-0 (18-25, 14-25, 13-25). The Engineers are currently the seventh-ranked team in New England.
- Julia Palomba finished with a team-high seven kills, while Casey Dinga had six. Becca Houghton ended the night with 19 assists, while Haley McCreight ended with three blocks.
- Wheaton grabbed the first point of the set, but MIT rallied with a 16-4 run. Wheaton fought back, pulling within 19-15 with blocks from McCreight and Emily Hickey. The Lyons got some help from Engineer errors but ultimately slipped 25-18.
- The Lyons opened the second set with a 7-5 advantage, but MIT rattled off five straight points that helped them take the lead for good.
- MIT opened the third set with a slim lead, but a Wheaton hitting error helped the Engineers go on a 15-5 run to take the set and the match.
- Attacking percentage: Wheaton .100 / MIT .422
- Service aces: Wheaton 4 / MIT 9
- Digs: Wheaton 35 / MIT 35
- Block solos: Wheaton 0 / MIT 1
- Block assists: Wheaton 9 / MIT 10