Posted: Oct 22, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 1 - WPI 3 (25-27, 25-12, 25-19, 25-10)
RECORDS: Wheaton (16-10, 4-4 NEWMAC) - WPI (13-9, 4-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Harrington Aud.)
- Wheaton returned to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Tuesday night at WPI with the host Engineers pulling out a 3-1 (27-25, 12-25, 25-19, 10-25) victory.
- Wheaton was led by a 12 kill performance from Adara Hamilton and 10 kill night from Bailey Madrzyk. Julia Palomba ended the night with eight kills for Wheaton.
- Becca Houghton added 32 assists to her career total, while Sophie Wilhelm collected 12 digs. Kyra Mattera led the Lyons with three blocks.
- After an extremely tight opening set, Wheaton ran away with the second behind a .393 attack percentage.
- With the match tied at 1-1, the third set, much like the first, was another tight battle with WPI being able to find enough to pull out the win.
- WPI controlled every aspect of the fourth set, collecting the win.